Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: just listening to........

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    just listening to........

    what are you all listening to today?

    right now I'm playing a George Jones collection cd. I have disc 1 in and it is his very early stuff. May I say it is great stuff
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: just listening to........

    Kyuss's ...And The Circus Leaves Town, Spoon's Gimme Fiction, The Shins, Soundgarden's Badmotorfinger, and a bunch of unreleased Clutch.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  3. #3
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: just listening to........

    glad you asked...

    to mellow.
    Greg Laswell- through toledo (album)
    matt costa- songs we sing (album)
    radiohead- KID A (album)

    a little harder..

    In Flames- Come CLarity (album)
    Wolfmother- Wolmother (album)
    Mastodon- their entire catalog at the moment
    Clutch- Blast Tyrant (album)
    Elephant Riders (album)

    Old School
    ZZ Top
    CInderella
    Tesla

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: just listening to........

    Blood Mountain is AMAZING! I love that disk. They're playing ATL in March.

    The new Clutch, From Beale Street To Oblivion comes out in March also. What I've heard is great.

    Tres Hombres is one of the greatest albums ever. Good call on the Top.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  5. #5
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: just listening to........

    They are coming to the orange peel in february, yeah mastodon at the orange peel.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: just listening to........

    Hmmmmmmmmmm? I hadn't seen that one. I just might be at that one. I saw them at Stella Blues a couple of times in Ashvle. Hung out with them all. Good guys. Very funny as well.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  7. #7
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: just listening to........

    Thats the word from some pretty good sources. I was shocked to hear at the Orange Peel, I thought Stella when I heard Asheville. But thats the word, Colony of Birchmen is one of the best songs I have ever heard, they played it well on Conan as well.

    As a whole, there isnt much new stuff coming out that has caught my ear. A few hear and there tracks, but the scene overall does not seem to be growing as much, I personally feel.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member triodevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 5th, 2005
    Posts
    165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: just listening to........

    In no particular order...

    The Killers - Hot Fuss
    Stryper - Sevens
    Temple of the Dog - S/T
    Megadeth - Peace Sells But Who's Buying
    Black Sabbath - Live Evil
    You wanted the best, you got the best...

  9. #9
    Inactive Member knight_67's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2002
    Posts
    2,831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: just listening to........

    The Atomic Bitchwax-black trans am, dirty deeds done dirt cheap

    eagles of death metal-i want you so hard, whorehoppin, shasta beast, kiss the devil

    scissorfight-helicopter killing cottonmouth, tempest of skulls, planet of [censored], lunatic yankee spectre, harvest of horror, chocorua mountain woman, and appalachian chain

    clutch-power player, oppossum minister, blast tyrant and robot hive/exodus albums
    "i asked a toothless man, who all these people were and, he said the soapmakers...and we are workin workin"



  10. #10
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: just listening to........

    Now that's the best damned selection of music I've ever seen. Nearly brought a tear to my eye. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •